Monday, January 7, 2008

Troublemaker and Tree Lady

Thanks to my wonderful neighbors, the Nimbys (see earlier posts), I guess I'm getting a bit of a bad reputation. I had to go to a meeting today with some HOA board people, my neighbors (good ones next door) and the attorney who's representing all of us in the mediation with the Nimbys.

I introduced myself to the attorney. His response was "Oh, you're the troublemaker". Great, I think. I know it was in jest. But it's a little frustrating to be known by a complete stranger as "the troublemaker".

Last fall, I was invited to a party at the home of the HOA Design Review Committee chair. I've gotten to know her mainly due to all this tree stuff and the problems created by the Nimbys. The party was a varied group of women. Some of them lived in the neighborhood and others knew the hostess through other connections. Again, I introduced myself to a woman I didn't know. Her response was "Oh, you're the tree lady". I had to quickly make it clear that I was the downhill neighbor, not the one across the street who was causing all the fuss.

So watch out, this Tree Lady may move into your neighborhood and be a real Troublemaker.

1 comment:

TheOneTrueSue said...

And all this time I thought I got my troublemaking genes from my Dad. Turns out it's a CHRISTENSEN trait, tee hee