Friday, October 24, 2008

Hey, I'm qualified

I think that McCain should have picked me for his running mate. I think that I'm just a qualified as Sarah Palin.

Here are my qualifications:

1. I'm from a relatively unknown western state with conservative, family values. My state has gas and oil reserves, refineries and lots of guys who hunt and fish.
2.. I'm not a hockey mom, but I was a ballet mom. It's the same idea as a hockey mom only the participants wore tutus.
3. I'm a grandma - what's not to like about a grandma?
4. I haven't been a mayor or governor. But I have thirty years of experience organizing my family of five, keeping track of their schedules and making family executive and financial decisions.
5. I've been a president, twice - well, only of two organizations in my church. But that's got to count for something.
6. I know how to keep my cool in a crisis. Being a mother, it was a rare day when there wasn't some kind of crisis. Some often involved blood, weapons, fighting and tears.
7. I've traveled abroad and apparently to more foreign countries than Sarah Palin has.
8. I'm very good at multi-tasking and prioritizing. As a mother and wife, it was a necessity.
9. And the first dude in my life is a man's man. He rides a motorcycle, fly fishes, skis, camps, hikes and looks pretty good in a suit.

But the most important reason McCain should have picked me is that I really need a new wardrobe. Having someone shop for me at Neiman Marcus and Sak's Fifth Avenue sounds really great. Plus the RNC could have outfitted me for a lot less than $125,000. However, I wouldn't be donating the new duds to charity after the campaign. I'd keep 'em!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did McCain overlook you? I could go for the wardrobe makeover. Maybe the moms of the country should unite and form our own party. I don't know that we would do worse than those currently in office. We can assign chores, pay allowances, clean up endless messes.....

Grandma Cebe said...

The MOM Party - now that is really the most innovative change idea that I've heard this entire campaign season.