Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Miscellania

Has it really been almost 3 months since I've had anything to say on this blog? Well, the drought is over.

Yesterday, I walked over to a favorite restaurant for some lunch. On the way back, I stopped by the City Creek Living office to say "Hi" to my former work mates. The permanent office manager has been hired. I guess that a twenty something girl in a tight dress and stilettos trumps a slightly overweight grandma. But what I want to know does she really have the whiz bang Excel skills that I lack?

In the week since I left full time employment, thanks to my live-in personal trainer, I'm up to 3 miles a day of trail walking. Could there really be some kind of athlete buried inside me?

In a local news article about the effect owners of Kindles and Nooks might be having on sales of actual books, a local bookstore owner managed to offend a segment of local readers who use an e-reader. In her opinion, we aren't "real readers". She even took it one step further by saying that there would always be a need for "controlling content" and "identifying which books everyone should be reading". Really? I can only hope that what showed up in the article wasn't really what was in her head and it just came out horribly wrong.

While out on the trail today, a local, former TV actress (Cat Woman in the original Batman series) passed me by. She was wearing black pants, a black long sleeve top, full make-up and hair all done. Dressed like that, I wondered if she was immune to breaking a sweat.

No comments: