For at least four years and maybe longer, my cell phone was one that I inherited from my son when he upgraded from his Razr. Way back when my son got this Razr phone, it was the latest and greatest. But then the iPhone came out and my son and his Razr parted company very quickly. I was the happy recipient. From time to time, I'd think that maybe I wanted an iPhone. But talked myself out of it because I didn't use my current phone that much. Well, that's all changed.
Last week, when I took my cell phone off the charger, it wasn't charged. I had dropped it in the garage earlier in the week and the back came off of it. I thought that perhaps the phone had been damaged as a result. Later I was telling my daughter that my cell phone wasn't working and I didn't like the idea that I'd have to wait until next week before the husband was available to pursue getting me a new one. She asked me when I had last upgraded my phone. "Well, I've never upgraded it. I've had this phone for at least 4 years.". She told me that you can upgrade a cell phone every two years so I was definitely due. So it was off to the AT&T store.
After the sales clerk got over his amazement at seeing a Razr phone still in use, he told me that I could definitely upgrade. He pulled up the account and found that there was a $100 credit on my number. So, to make a long story short, the $100 covered the price of a new Android with all the bells and whistles.
That part about not using my cell phone much? Ain't so any more. I can see that I may easily become like those people who are joined at the hip with their cell phones. I love my phone and the technology.
There is a small confession, however. I discovered that the reason the old Razr didn't charge was because the GFCI plug that the charger was using had been tripped. So does anyone want a perfectly good Razr phone? Because I'm not going back to it....ever.
Blessed technology!
1 comment:
enjoy the android :)
Post a Comment