It's been two weeks since I signed the lease on the Canyon Road house. Two weeks ago, I was mildly freaking out about how we would accomplish packing up the apartment, moving all our stuff, unpacking at the new place and getting the apartment cleaned. It went amazingly well. It was probably the easiest move that we have ever done in our 32+ years of marriage. I suppose one reason was because we were living simply in the apartment and, due to space restrictions, we hadn't accumulated more stuff. Everything in the apartment came to the house. So all I had to do was load boxes. There was no sorting through things and deciding what to keep or what to get rid of. I had done all that with the move from the big house three year ago.
The move wasn't without a few challenges. It took some time to figure out how we were going to use the space in the house. We ended up using the main floor bedroom as a study. That bedroom is small and would barely fit a king size bed. So it became a study/TV room and the downstairs bedroom became the master. My husband was a little out of sorts for a day or two until I was able to take time to get things a little better organized. He really dislikes chaos and living out of boxes.
The boxes are emptied. Pictures are hung. The place feels like home. I am happy.
Here's a quick photo tour.
 |
| I'm looking forward to next spring when I can bring the front flowers beds up to date. |
|
|
Right side of the living room. That's the original, wood burning fireplace. Cold, winter evenings will be very cozy and warm. I love having windows, with screens, that can be opened to let in the breeze coming from City Creek canyon.
 |
| Left side of the living room. The picture was taken from the loft. |
The dining room is open to the living room. We have a lovely picture to hang on the back wall. But as you can see, the thermostat is in the middle of the wall. The homeowner said he'd get it moved. We shall see. The door on the left is to the bedroom/den. On the right is the entrance to the kitchen.
 |
| Looking into the kitchen from the dining room |
 |
| I was delighted that the cupboard above the sink was tall enough for my cookbooks. | |
|
|
 |
Ruby, the mixer, is happy in her little corner. The lamp was my husband's idea.
 |
| And then we have the "Man Cave" downstairs. | | | | | | | |
|
|
|
|
|
|
3 comments:
Cute house! Now that parking isn't such a huge problem, maybe I can come visit.
I guess that people perceived that parking was a huge problem at the Brigham. There was generally parking available on First Ave, plus a few spaces in the visitor area on South Temple Plus if I knew that people were coming, I could let them in the parking garage and they could park in our extra space. However, parking is an issue at the house if there is an event at the Memorial House in Memory Grove. Then there's absolutely no parking. But it during day on week days, parking isn't generally an issue.
This just looks sooo cozy and wonderful. I would REALLY like to come and get a personal tour soon!! It's just great that you found it and things worked out so well, my friend! :)
Post a Comment