Notes to self...
1. If your house is located in an area that at one time was the natural habitat and feeding ground for deer, do not plant 100+ tulip bulbs in your yard. The deer that still wander in your neighborhood will be delighted with the wonderful treat that you have provided them. You, on the other hand, will have nothing to show for your efforts. No, tulips, nada, zilch!
2. Resist the urge to answer the phone at work two minutes before you have to leave. You will get stuck on the phone helping some elderly man try to navigate the church's website. Umm...this isn't part of my job description or have anything to do with Public Affairs. (I helped him anyway.)
3. As much as you are delighted to have all snow melted and signs of Spring every where, don't forget to stock up on hay fever medication. I am so looking forward to the next two or three months of sneezing, itchy eyes and throat. Guess it's a trade off for not having to negotiate icy sidewalks, wearing multiple layers and keeping the heat cranked up in the house.
4. Be happy that you get to work another week in your temp assignment. Now you have a legitimate reason why you can't go on a road trip with your BIL and SIL. The idea of sitting in the back seat of a car while your husband speeds down the highway on his sport motorcycle is not my idea of fun.
5 comments:
My sympathies. I was severely smitten by the pollen demons over the weekend. I rubbed my runny nose raw despite being zonked on Benedryl. Much better now, though. For the moment.
I'm sad the tulips didn't make it. I was hoping for some springtime photos.
My sympathies are with you. I took allergy tests last fall and found out I am allergic to just about every green living thing in the plant world, dogs, molds, and more. I can hardly wait (do your hear my lack of enthusiasm?) for the dandelions to start blooming every where here in Dandelion City. But first the snow has to melt. The allergist gave me a life-time supply of nasal spray that works pretty well, though.
And Naphcon A eye drops by Alcon do wonders for the itchy eyes, and it is OTC.
Aunt Connie & Mom (and Uncle Alan, too), you guys should go to your local pharmacy and pick up a Neti Pot. Mine's helped dramatically reduce the number of sinus infections I get, and I know allergy sufferers who cannot live without them. They are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful inventions.
Post a Comment