With an eye on downsizing, our home has been for sale for several months. There was a lot of interest early on. But that slowed quite a bit recently. I had become complacent about the prospect of selling and moving. It seemed that with the slow economy and the even slower movement of houses in our price range that we wouldn't be moving anytime soon. Well, I was wrong.
We got an offer over the weekend and the buyers want to take occupancy on July 7. So we are in the crunch mode of getting packed up and moved out. With all of the kids gone and empty bedrooms, we don't have as much stuff to pack. Since we will be going into an apartment for a few months, a lot of our furniture and things we can do without for a few months, will be going into storage.
I'm a little stressed. But in the long run, it will be OK. It'll be nice to live a little bit simpler life for awhile. And it will be great to be able to lock the door of the apartment and take off on motorcycle traveling adventures. There will be no worries about a house left unattended. Another bonus will be no more HOA and the Nimbys.
Woo hoo! I better get cracking!
5 comments:
The NIMBYs will think they won. Oh well.
Probably. But I don't care. They will be particularly triumphant if the lady who is the chair of the ARC sells her house. It's also up for sale. The ARC lady lives across the street from the Nimby and has been a real thorn in the Nimby's side.
Good luck on all of this.
I'm excited for the pool that will become available to us.
That will be fun for the family, won't it?
Post a Comment