It seems like we might be done with the trees and views issues with the Nimbys. Monday night at an Architectural Review Committee meeting, Nimbys agreed to expand a line of yews across their rear lot line. That will more or less give us the screening we would like. We, on the other hand, will remove 5 or 6 small trees on our hillside that are on the extreme edges of the property. These trees will at some point in time will be over 30' tall. The curious thing about this final arrangement is that the trees we will be removing are not the original trees that they wanted removed because of the view issue. In fact, in order for their view to be blocked by the trees we will remove, the Nimbys would have to be standing in one particular square foot spot on their rear deck. But before we remove trees so that they can have a view from that square foot spot, the Nimbys have to come to a final agreement on a couple of other issues. So, we will wait.
I had a minor emergency this morning while getting ready for work. My hair dryer quit working!! Yikes! There was a time when my daughters were at home that I could borrow theirs and not missed a beat in the getting ready process. I panicked! What was I going to do? But through quick thinking and action on my husband's part, I didn't have to go with an unflattering natural look to work. Due to an early appointment he had this AM, he was already up and dressed. He willingly drove to my daughter's apartment and got hers and saved the day. He's a hero!
No comments:
Post a Comment