I guess I should just get over it. But I am still seething about something that I learned today.
I let my son borrow a small artificial Christmas tree for his apartment. It was one of a pair that I have. I also gave him a few ornaments that have hung on our family Christmas tree since he was a little boy.
I found out today that his roommate removed the tree, ornaments and all, from the apartment and took it somewhere else. My son didn't know where it was. I only learned this because the pair of trees were supposed to be used as part of the decorations for our ward Christmas party tomorrow.
I don't understand how someone can just take something that isn't his and say nothing. I doubt if the roommate had any idea how my son came to have the tree in the first place. It wasn't some cheap tree that he happened to pick up at the dollar store or bought at D.I. It was my tree!
So at my insistence, my son text his roommate and asked him to bring the tree back. My son had to text the roommate since they rarely see each other. The roommate spends a lot of time elsewhere.
I guess some people would say that there was no harm done. The tree is back where it belongs. All I can say it that I hadn't better run into his roommate any time soon or I'll give him a piece of my mind.
3 comments:
Sounds like the Grinch struck again. Tell yourself he just borrowed it briefly to bring a little Christmas cheer to some poor, homeless waif while showering the child with wonderful presents. Fantasy thrives at this time of year.
That's putting a good spin on the whole matter. I guess that Pat's clothes that he borrows and doesn't return are also being used to keep some poor, homeless waif warm.
Sounds like a real piece of work, that kid! Grrrr!
Post a Comment