Dear Caller 1:
I am sorry that you had marital problems, filed for divorce and reconciled, and in the process lost your 2009 W-2 and that today is the extension deadline for filing your 2009 income taxes.
Even though you waited until the last minute and are in a panic to take care of personal business, all I can do is transfer your call to someone who may be able to provide you with a copy of your W-2. I can't do anything if that someone doesn't answer his/her phone or if their phone goes directly to voicemail. Neither can I "JUST FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN FAX ME MY W-2 NOW!!".
Sincerely,
The Receptionist (and the temporary one, at that)
(There - now I feel better.)
Dear Caller 2:
I can't transfer your call to the woman with whom you had a job interview a couple of weeks ago in the Materials Management Department if you don't know her name. And telling me that it was a Polynesian woman really isn't sufficient information. You see, I don't have a computer program that allows me to bring up an employee's information by searching "Polynesian Woman".
Sorry.
The Receptionist
(It's been one of those days.)
No comments:
Post a Comment