Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It's all the same...well, maybe

I had my two oldest grandchildren over for the day yesterday. The oldest, Lauren, turned 13 today. So a shopping trip was in order to celebrate becoming a teenager. Her younger brother, Logan, spent the day with Grandpa.

When it came time to fix dinner, I asked them if they wanted spaghetti. Logan refused saying that he only liked the noodles and not the sauce. So as an alternative, I suggested we have homemade pizza. Logan readily agreed to that.

When I pointed out that it didn't make sense that he'd eat pizza with tomato sauce on it, but wouldn't eat spaghetti with the same sauce, he wasn't amused. He said I was tricking him. Then I showed him the bottle of sauce to be used on the pizza. "It's the same sauce that I would have used on spaghetti." I said. All the wind was taken out of his sails. He has no excuse to not eat spaghetti with sauce...at least, not at Grandma's house. We had pizza anyway.

But next time....

3 comments:

Alan said...

Then there's the matter of me not liking Italian food until I had actual Italian food rather than Mom's version of it.

Grandma Cebe said...

We should have refused Mom's spaghetti. But, then, what did we know back then?

Susan Adcox said...

My grandkids do the same thing--eat the noodles without the sauce! I don't understand! But mac and cheese will always please.