Sunday, February 27, 2011

Knight in Training

My oldest grandson is in a play at his school at the end of next month.  I volunteered to help with the costume since his Mom works and has plenty of other things on her plate right now.  Thinking I still had a couple of weeks to work on the costume, I hadn't given it much thought.

That all changed on Friday evening, when my grandson called me. He informed that he needed his costume for his dress rehearsal....which is on Monday. Yikes!  He also told me that his friend's costume was made out of the leather.  I took that to mean that he wanted something cool as well.  I told him that leather was probably not going to work, but I'd see what I could do.

I made a fast trip to the fabric store and got some materials to make him a tunic for his Knight In Training costume.  By mid day Saturday, the costume was finished.  I hope that the tunic will satisfy my grandson's coolness factor.




It's made from a flannel backed vinyl that resembles leather.  The sides have leather cords that lace the front to the back.  The coat of arms on the front is a variation of his family coat of arms that I made from felt and glued on the front.  I think it looks pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

Tomorrow, I'll make a trip to American Fork to deliver it to him - just in time for his dress rehearsal.

Update:  The costume was a winner. Quoting my grandson, "I love, love, love it"

4 comments:

mom2nine said...

It looks very professional. He should be delighted!

mom2nine said...

It looks very professional. He should be delighted.

Travelin'Oma said...

What a good grandma you are!

slcmomof5 said...

I love it, I love it, I love it! Great job Grandma Connie!