Tuesday, June 7, 2011

On The Job Observations

I'm currently working an On-Call assignment for an departmental HR.  The bulk of my work load is to arrange phone and Face 2 Face interviews for job applicants.  I have been amazed at how many of these applicants have been difficult to reach.  Numerous phone calls and emails fail to get a response.  Now perhaps, some of found employment and aren't interested anymore.  But if a person is still looking for a job, don't you think that they should be more diligent in responding to interview requests?  Makes sense to me.

Awhile ago, the dress code for female employees was changed.  We are no longer required to wear nylons every day.   I haven't worked a temp job since the new policy was put in place and I wondered how many of the female employees would abandon nylons and or cling to the long established habit of daily nylon wearing.  From my observation of women in and around LDS headquarters, it seems that most women have given up the habit, including some senior sister missionaries. 

No comments: