It is said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So here's to my daughters...I'm copying their ABC list.
A is for AGRICULTURE. Agriculture? What's with that? I've never lived on a farm and my best attempt at any form of agriculture has included weed eradication, lawn mowing (which I now pay someone to do); growing tomatoes in a pot on my patio (a failure to say the least), and planting fruit trees on a steep hillside. Actually, I don't take credit for that idea. The one who thought it was a good idea did not think ahead to harvest time or the problems that would occur when the fruit overloaded a particular tree and it start to slide downhill. He just wanted them up there because fruit trees look pretty in the spring. Brilliant! What's the real reason behind choosing AGRICULTURE? Yesterday, I was with my granddaughter who's in the 4th grade and had a chance to help her with some school work. One of her Bonus spelling words was "agricultural". She spelled it correctly the first time. Now that's brilliant!
A is also for ABC, my younger brother's initials. Due distance (he lives on the east coast, I'm in the Rocky Mountains) and other more personal reasons, we have not been very close. I'm sure that it didn't help that I was not a very good older sister when he was little. In fact, I was down right mean to him. I was jealous that someone, in the form of a baby (my brother), had taken over the place where I had reigned supreme for over 5 years - the youngest child. I'm not very proud of the way I treated him. But through the power of modern technology - specifically blogging - we may be reconnecting a little. We discovered we both like Mexican food, watch HGTV and like the color blue. It's a start.
1 comment:
I love HGTV.
Post a Comment