Monday, September 24, 2007

A Sucker born every day? Part 2

After a discussion last night with family about the advantages of DVR, I called the cable company again this morning. Just to make sure that I knew what I was talking about, I got on the company's website before I called them and used the phone by the computer so that I could reference the info on the website while talking to a live person at the cable company. It turns out that the website is a "national" website and each state has its own packages and pricing. So after getting the more or less correct info from our local cable company on their packages, it turns out that to get DVR it will cost $107.00 a month!!! That's almost double what we pay now! We would be required to upgrade to the Premium Plus package ($95/month). The rental of the DVR box adds another $12. Well, I'm not falling for this new "sucker" package. Everyone living at the same address as me will just have to be happy with our "Digital Classic" package. That is, unless, they want to pony up for the difference.

No comments: