Friday, June 13, 2008

Aggravations and Stupid People

It seems that I've had my share of life's little aggravations and people's stupidity the last few days.

The home inspector who inspected our home for the buyers left lights on all over the house, blinds in various positions of open and close, and, most aggravating, turned off circuit breakers to appliances and various outlets through out the house. I had to go through the entire house turning off lights, adjusting blinds and flipping circuit breakers. The kicker was the next morning when I plugged in my hair dryer and it didn't work. I missed one circuit breaker. It also appeared like he ate a few of the brownies that were in baggie on the kitchen counter. Hey, fella, didn't your mother teach you anything about common courtesy?

Even though I have a very polite sign posted on exterior doors inviting real estate agents, their clients and other people who have been parading through my home, to kindly remove their shoes, they don't and end up tracking in dust and dirt on my newly cleaned hardwood floors. Come on people, have a little consideration!

The same people locked every single door entry door, including the one between the garage and the house, so that when I came home with a load of groceries, I had to put every down on the floor of the garage and search for my house key in my purse. Then I found out that my house key doesn't work on that lock, or the lock to the front door, or the lock to the family room door. I finally got inside through the door to the master bedroom. Then I had to go back downstairs to the garage and haul the groceries upstairs. Frustrating, annoying and stupid.

And to top it all off, I went to the bank drive thru yesterday at 5 PM to deposit a small check in my checking account. All lanes were stacked at least two cars deep and there was only one person working the window. By the time I realized that it was going to take a little while, someone had pulled in behind me. I couldn't back out and go inside. I sat there for almost twenty minutes waiting. It seems like the 5 pm rush shouldn't have been a big surprise to bank employees. Why didn't they have more people at the window??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could forgive everything but eating my brownies!!! The nerve! You should complain to his boss and demand a replacement batch immediately.