Warning to any guys out there or any one who squirms at the thought of female issues, you may not want to read this post....
As a change of pace last night, my monthly book group went out to dinner instead of meeting at someone's home. One of the gals in the group belongs to a country club. So that's where we headed. It was a nice place....lovely table linens, upholstered chairs, uniformed waiters, great view of the golf course and a pricey menu.
Not long after we get settled in and have placed our orders, a discussion of books that some had read recently got started. One of the gals began talking about some book on menopause that she was reading. Now these women were all over 45 and could all relate to menopausal issues. You know, a brief discussion of the book probably would have sufficed. But, no, several gals were more than willing to share ALL the details of their personal menopausal battle. And I mean ALL.
If we had been in one of the ladies home having this conversation, it would have been one thing. But we were in a nice restaurant with TWO MALE waiters in their twenties serving us and since we practically had the place to ourselves there was no ambient background noise to cover the conversation. I just wondered what those men were thinking as they went around the table filling water glasses and serving the main course and listening to stories of hot flashes, sexual issues, excessive monthly bleeding....these women weren't holding back at all. I know I was WAY uncomfortable.
Too much information, even for me, and I'm no prude. Ewww!!
No comments:
Post a Comment