Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Commuting Observations

I was crossing the street on my way to work this morning. A driver waiting to turn left was patiently waiting for me to clear the crosswalk. But the guy in a cab behind him wasn't happy about waiting. He sat there honking his horn while I crossed the street.

To get to the back entrance of the building where I'm working, I have to go down a small side street and up an alley. For some reason, it reminds me of the walk from the flat to the market when I was in London a couple of years ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whenever I'm a pedestrian in a situation like the one you described, I stop and wave for the car to go. I figure it takes longer for me to get out of the car's way than for it to get out of mine. There's also less risk to me.

Grandma Cebe said...

But I wasn't in the way of the guy who was honking his horn. He was the 2nd quy back from the light. He was just an impatient idiot.