I had a nice surprise in the mail yesterday...my first social security check. I wasn't expecting the first one until the end of March. I'm not sure how all this works. But, I'm guessing that since I filed my application in February that I qualified for benefits in February. And apparently, the wheels of social security turned so fast that my notice that my claim for benefits had been approved was in yesterday's mail too. It was just last Monday that I was talking to the ever so helpful government employee to clear up a few questions on my application.
So now, I'm looking at my want/need list to decide where this little windfall is going to be spent. I'm probably going to help out the economy just a little by spending some of this and not hoarding it.
1 comment:
You see, there are people at the Social Security Administration who spend all day taking odds on who will have sufficiently low vanity to admit getting "old" enough to qualify for payments. Your name was probably in their pool and your first check actually came from those who had bet against you.
Post a Comment