Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pitter Pat

Today is the kind of day that when I was a little girl my mother would have sung this little song to me:

Pitter pat, pitter pat, it's a rainy day.
I'll dress up snug and warm and go outside to play.
I'll get my coat and bumbershoot.
On each foot, I'll pull a boot.
Grab my gloves and grab my hat,
And I'll go out in the pitter pat.

So that's just what I did! Well, for at least as long as it took me to walk to work.

P.S. If you know what a bumbershoot is, then you aren't some little young whippersnapper!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sang the first to lines of this very song to my class today. And then the rain changed to snow!

Amanda ~ A Crafty Fox said...

I like your song!!! The next time it rains, I will have to find the tune to it!!!