In my office there is only one other woman. Why is it that we are both wearing outfits that are basically in the same color family - dark red top and gray slacks?
I've seen this same color sync phenomenom many times. Years ago, I was a hostess at the Church Office Building. There were 14 woman on my shift. Just about every week, we would all show up wearing the same predominant color. Sometimes the dominant color was one not commonly worn - like purple. It was just a little weird. I've seen this happen on Sundays when in a roomful of about 150 women, more than half of them will be wearing some shade of the same color. I've seen this happen when working temp jobs. Woman show up wearing the same color. It's like a memo was sent out, "Tomorrow is wear blue day".
Is there some kind of scientific explanation for this? Have you experienced this? What do you think?
Update: I just saw woman who works on another floor. Guess what color she's wearing today?
2 comments:
I've seen it often, in Relief Society and at school. Last Friday my aide and I both showed up wearing bright pink and green flowered blouses and beige slacks. I haven't worn that shirt for a year! When I was in the R. S. Presidency, we would often laugh that we looked like we had some sort of uniform, because we would come in identical colors, all unplanned. Other times at least half of the women have come in black skirts and red tops. Yesterday it was black and white print skirts and black or white tops. It really is weird!!
I just wish someone could reasonably explain why this happens. It is really strange.
Post a Comment