I'm driving up E Street, approaching Ninth Avenue, when a gal in an Expedition rolls up to the stop sign at Ninth Avenue. Since I have the right away, I assume she is going to stop. Silly me. She keeps on going and even looks at me when I lean on my horn and slam on my brakes to avoid a collision.
Driving in the avenues, it isn't uncommon to have people roll through stop signs. But usually, they realize their mistake when they see another car with the right away coming at them, and stop. But I guess this gal was too busy YAKKING ON HER CELL PHONE to realize she was in the wrong. She seemed to be unphased at the near miss and just kept on driving and yakking.
Well, at least this time, I was in the car and had a fighting chance. Not like last week, when there was nothing to protect me if that driver on his cell phone had collided with me.
2 comments:
Did you follow her? But even then, she probably wouldn't have noticed, or hung up the phone.
I should have turned left and followed her. I would have loved to have given her a piece of my mind.
Post a Comment