Saturday, November 20, 2010

Just thoughts

The husband is on the volunteer ski patrol at a local ski resort. The resort opened today. Which means that every Saturday until the end of season in about 5 months, he'll be on the mountain. He was overjoyed when he got the call to report today since he thought that volunteers didn't start until sometime in December. For him, ski season started early.

Yesterday, I had four of my grandchildren here for most of the day. The two boys, age 5 and 4, were delighted to be together. The 4 year old and his little sister live in Denver and don''t get to see their cousins very much. The two little girls, age 3 and 2, had a great time together. One of the good things about having four little ones all day is that they are all potty trained - didn't have to change one diaper!!

My two year old granddaughter has me wrapped around her little finger. While on an outing yesterday, she spotted an "elegator" (escalator). In her sweet, little, voice, she asked "Grandma, please can I ride the elegator?" After one trip, up and down, she asked "Please, please, Grandma, can I ride the elegator again?". Of course, we went again.

My five year old grandson was over one day last week and was in a rather contrary, grumpy mood. When he left, I suggested that perhaps it would be a good idea to let Mr. Grumpy out and leave him in the parking lot of his apartment building. The next day, he was over again and in a much better mood. I commented on Mr. Grumpy being gone. His response was "I left him in the parking lot and he got run over by a car.".

We had very amazing sunsets a couple of days this week. The sky was brilliant pink and orange. Spectacular. However, my three old granddaughter was afraid of the glowing orange sky. She thought the sky was on fire and the fireman needed to put it out.

Thursday night, two grandchildren slept over. Yesterday morning while closing up the hide-a-bed, my arm got caught between the mattress and sofa frame. My little helpers kept pushing up on the mattress causing me to scream in pain for the husband to come and help free me. Thank goodness he was home, because I'm not quite sure how I would have gotten myself out of my predicament without his help. I probably terrified my grandkids too.

No comments: