Friday, November 5, 2010

Making Mom Proud

For the past month or so, I've been teaching my youngest daughter how to sew. I failed to pass on that skill when she was still living at home. But as part of a college course assignment, she had to learn a new skill. She picked sewing. We finished it up today.

With the leftover fabric, I'm making one of my granddaughters a skirt. My mom would be proud because I'm not using a pattern. That was a skill she used all the time. We'd go to the department store where I'd find something that I liked. Then we'd go to the fabric shop where Mom bought everything she needed to make it. Sometimes without using a pattern.

Now if I was really going to make Mom proud, I'd craft a matching dress for my granddaughter's baby doll. Mmm...I don't think so.

No comments: