Wednesday, August 22, 2007

They're No Fools

I got some mail from the Drivers License Division a couple of days ago. My license expires on my birthday in a few months and because I've been without any moving traffic violations in the last five years, I could renew by mail. Yippee! No going to the DMV and waiting in line. No taking an eye test. But it got better, I could actually renew online! Yea! No stamps or trip to the mailbox. I quickly got online and filed my renewal form. But my joy was short lived. There was another notice at the bottom of the form: "If you will be 65 when your new license expires, you will need to apply in person and take an eye exam." Yep, that means me. I can't believe that would possibly mean me. For years, I've been fooling a lot of people about how old I really am. But I guess you just can't fool the DMV!

4 comments:

Al Christensen said...

My brilliant idea for the benefit of all humanity is for the DMV staff to be paid per customer processed. The more people they move through the system, the more they make. That should light a fire under them.

Grandma Cebe said...

That is a brilliant idea!

Grandma Cebe said...

Lest anyone is confused - I won't be 65 for several years. Next time I have to renew my drivers license it's off to the DMV.

Anonymous said...

The best DMV office I have found so far in Utah (or anywhere else, for that matter) is the little one in Heber. Michael took his learners' permit test there with no wait at all. We were in and out in about 20 minutes, including the test. There is also a little know and good DMV office that is listed for CDL testing, but actually does everything, on about 300 West and somewhere in the area of 21st S., I don't remember exactly. It is not crowded and moves quickly.