We are still trying to go with trees here. But, decided that we should remove a couple of trees that the Nimbys were complaining about. Today some very efficient tree guys came and took them away as well as moved another one. Luckily, it didn't cost a fortune.
We have a wonderful large space on our uphill property line where these two trees stood. I am SO happy the Nimbys now have an unobstructed view....of our family room and breakfast area, as well as the previously mentioned roof. I will have to be sure I'm fully clothed all the time, OR NOT!
On a cheerier note, the Nimbys have also submitted a proposed amendment to our HOA CCRs regarding tree height, views, blah, blah, blah....too complicated to go into here. So I have spent the last couple of days commiserating with my next door neighbors about a couple of statements we will read at our HOA meeting in November. You know, "united we stand, divided we fall". We've decided to take no prisoners and are ready for battle. Even though the Nimbys "you know what" (thanks Al for that great comment) has been rolling down hill for quite some time, we are trying our darndest to shove as much of it as possible back up their way.
Which leads me to a "shoving it your way" action I took today. The Nimbys delight in letting their light shine forth - so to speak. They have 2 non-conforming motion activating flood lights on the rear of their home (which just happen to activate just about every time a microscopic spec floats by and consequently flash on and off in our bedroom windows all night), they also have non conforming colored globe string lights across their rear lot line pergola and numerous solar powered stake lights around the perimeter of their yard. Even though we have no way of getting any screening from all this light shining forth, we've tried to ignore it. Oh and they also have 2 pink flamingos perched in a tree - been there all summer.
But today I decided that I had nothing to lose and sent an email to the poor guy on the HOA board who gets all the "rat on your neighbor" emails. I ratted on the Nimbys lights and flamingos.
4 comments:
Is there anyone uphill from the NIMBYs who can whine about their view?
Oh yes. There are two streets above the Nimbys at a higher elevation. The woman who is the chairperson of the HOA Design Review committee lives directly across the street and above the Nimbys. The Nimbys will probably find out at the HOA meeting in November that most of the neighborhood residents will be trying to shove "you know what" in the direction of the Nimbys.
I weep for the trees, but you are right that it probably wasn't worth the hassle of a lawsuit. What fun.
Sue - the problem is that the Nimbys probably will want more. Their goal is to get 30+ trees removed from our yard and our next door neighbors yard. Maybe, just maybe by removing and trimming some trees, it will take a little wind out of their sails. Or infuriate them because we did by choice and not force.
Post a Comment