I don't know why we seem to get the "taking a survey" phone calls at our house. But we get quite a few of them. I answered the phone recently (made the mistake of not putting on my glasses so that I could read the caller ID - hate having "old eyes") when the caller said they were calling for the Nielsen ratings. I told the young lady that I really didn't have time to answer her few questions for a couple minutes (a few questions always turns into many and a couple of minutes usually turns into 5 or 10). Anyway, I really was in the middle of something that I couldn't interrupt. She probably wondered why I answered the phone, if I was so busy. She asked if she could call back at another time.
You know, I'm probably not the best person to ask questions about TV viewing. I don't watch alot of TV. First of all, because I wear hearing aids in both ears, I just can't understand the dialogue on most shows to follow the story line. It's frustrating. Please, don't suggest that I get those "TV Ears" things!! The few shows that I can follow because there isn't much in the way of dialogue that matters, (Survivor, Dancing with the Stars, House Hunters, Designed to Sell - I know none of them are really worth the time anyway) my husband can't stand and he "controls" the remote.
Now if someone is taking a survey about how people spend time playing internet games, reading blogs, checking favorite websites, I could probably give some decent answers. If the Nielsen Ratings gal ever calls back, she'd be better off talking to one of the other people who live at this address who actually watch television.
No comments:
Post a Comment