Friday, August 8, 2008

New Background and other thoughts

Apparently, my previous background got corrupted somehow. It looked fine on my computer. But my brother send me an email with a picture of what it looked it on his. A quick phone call to my daughter confirmed that indeed there was a problem. Since she's a little more savvy on computer stuff than I am, she had an idea what was wrong. I changed the template and problem solved! Yay!

I added a widget to my blog a little while ago. Some of you may have noticed the map in the sidebar showing where traffic on my blog is coming from. I don't know if the people who are hitting on my blog from far and near are spending any time looking around. But I'm sure getting a representation of the good ol' USA and a couple of international hits (Australia for one). I've never heard of some of the cities/towns that are showing up on the map. Maybe I better plan a motorcycle trip and check some of the places out.

I talked to a friend earlier today who got back from a river trip that my husband and I were scheduled to go on, but ended up not going. She said it was a good trip, but I wouldn't have enjoyed it. Then she proceeded to tell me about the day of rain on the river and a couple of nights of rain. She was so right. After the very wet experience on the middle fork of the Flathead River up near Glacier National Park a couple of years ago, enduring a downpour with lightening in an open boat and no place to hide, I would not have been a happy camper on another trip like that.

Speaking of camping, it quit raining and the sun is out. I'm hoping that the camping trip later on will be dry.

No comments: