Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm Confused

The public areas in the apartment building where I live have been redecorated over the past month or so. The new carpeting and wall covering have been done for awhile. With the installation of tables, art and lamps in each of the elevator lobbies, I guess the work is done. However, I'm not quite sure what style the decorator had in mind. The building is very traditional, almost conservative, in architecture. The new carpet pattern leans somewhat towards the traditional. The hall tables are more contemporary.

But the lamps - well, what do you think? What decorating theme do these fit?


How about this one?


Or this?

If you can't make up your mind, does this one help?


I really don't understand this lamp.


But, I'll have plenty of time to figure it out since it's the one I get to look at every day when I leave my apartment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the style is Hey, Furniture Wholesaler, Give Me a Bunch of Whatever Lamps You Have Cheap.

Grandma Cebe said...

Or are they the Edsals of the lamp industry?

Anonymous said...

Garage Sale lamps?

Rachel said...

Looks like they're from DI... ;)