Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Unrelated Thoughts

You know, I think I need to change the my screen name. Motorcycle Grandma doesn't quite fit right now. Due to circumstances some what beyond my control, I haven't spent much time on a motorcycle this year. Any ideas for a new name?

Last week, the weather here was just about perfect. It made me wish that I had a yard and garden to work in and get it ready for winter. Well, that thought only lasted about a minute or two.

I'm adjusting to living in 1300 sq ft. One of the best things about it is that it takes about a half hour to clean the place. Plus, I can plug the vacuum into a central outlet and vacuum the entire apartment without having to move the plug.

According to my Live Feed traffic map, there have been a lot visits to my blog from people all over the country and around the world. I wonder how these people found my blog? Most of them have to be total strangers. Maybe it's a case for going private.

A few days ago, I was window shopping in Ann Taylor Loft. I suddenly realized that my wardrobe is in serious need of updating. Maybe Clinton and Stacey of "What Not To Wear" would like to hand me one of those $5000 credit cards for a shopping spree.

It's been two months since I moved from the house downhill from the Nimbys. I got a phone call today from a friend and neighbor who is still lives in that neighborhood. I guess things have gotten kind of ugly with the Nimbys and some of the neighbors. I'm glad I don't have to put up with that stuff anymore.

Two posts in one day. Well, I'm just trying to get to 100 posts. This one is 99.

5 comments:

Katie said...

well i also wish that stacey and clinton would hand me $5000 and also help me find clothes that actually fit my body. i don't have the chance to window shop but i sure do window shop online these days.

and apartments are alright i guess. i mean we have never had a house so i guess we don't know what we are missing... until we go to my brother's house and then i'm reminded how great it would be to have a place of our own. maybe one day soon..

Anonymous said...

Start by having someone shoot footage of you dressed really badly. Cheap and age-inappropriate is one way to go. Then have one of your daughters write a letter about how horrible your wardrobe is and how she's embarrassed to be seen with you.

But, alas, you're probably out of their age range. And they've done some Utah shows already.

Grandma Cebe said...

What do you mean, out of their age range? Why just the other day, a young lady about the same age as Kelly thought there was NO WAY I was old enough to be her mother. I can see an entire new theme - frumpy grandmas turned into hip grandmas.

Annie Jarman said...

NO WAY are you going on What Not To Wear before me! At least you can claim to have a wardrobe! Mine is pitifully small. If I pushed everything to one end of my closet it probably wouldn't fill 1/8th!

Grandma Cebe said...

OK. Let's get ready for your video shoot. Maybe we could get them to do a Mother-Daughter show. That would be fun!