Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fickle, fickle

April weather where I live is fickle, changeable and sometimes just down right miserable. Take today - the sun was shining and the skies were clear and blue when I left for work this morning. Now it's clouded up and storm clouds seem to be gathering in the west. Yesterday, it was a downpour and then turned to snow. Monday, the temps were in the 60s with blue skies. Tomorrow it's suppose to clear up and be in the 60s on the weekend.

It's because of this fickle weather that I have a dilemna about lunch today. Since the sun was shining when I left home, I opted to not bring an umberella. I also decided that I would get lunch out of the building today. So now with no lunch from home and no umberella to use in case it rains, I just have to take my chances at lunch time. Either that or go without lunch which really isn't an option.

April is always like this. I don't know why I expect anything else. But each year, I'm hopeful it will be different.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that where "April Fools" came from? I'm ready for some steady sunshine. When you had rain, we had more snow, which is now completely melted but scheduled to reappear a few days from now.