My former next door neighbor invited me up to her home yesterday. She thought that I should come take a look at my former garden in bloom.
As for my former back yard and garden...since the new homeowners are not gardeners and my former neighbor told me they had done nothing to prepare it for winter or spring, I was surprised to see how good it looked.
Well, there were a few exceptions. Like a lot of green, bushy stuff about two feet high growing in places where I hadn't planted anything. I'm pretty sure that they are weeds. But they're green, so apparently the new owners don't know the difference. Most of the shrubs and bushes that I would have pruned and trimmed were adopting a natural, wild look. Oh, and the dog that the new owners have has torn up the small area of lawn in the back. And it looked like one of the evergreens that we planted our first summer in the house is dying. It either didn't get enough water this winter or has fallen victim to the rumor in the neighborhood that someone has been poisoning trees. Oh, well.
While visiting with my neighbor, she told me that her house is for sale. In jest, I'm sure, she asked if we wanted to move back into the neighborhood. She has a beautiful home that I like very much. But I had to be honest with her that living below the Nimbys again wasn't something that we wanted to do. I can just imagine what that would be like. Especially, since I'm on the opposite side of her lawsuit with another neighbor. The light displays, pool parties, loud music...uh, I don't want to go there.
She also told me that since we moved there have been no colored lights on the lot line pergola - not even at Christmas. I always suspected that the annoying light display was just for my benefit.
So, I'll pass on the opportunity to move downhill from the Nimbys. Besides, it would drive me crazy to watch my former backyard where I spent hours of physical labor and work kind of go in a different direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment