Tuesday, July 21, 2009

And the winner is....

Al with 60 items in bold from the previous post.

Connie is 2nd with 56 items. Linda is 3rd with 49 items.

Wonder where the other two sibs would place if they took did this little exercise?

Update: Al is still the winner with 60. But Karen has surpassed Connie with 59. Now what about John?

2nd update: It's a tie between Al and Karen. And if Karen has her way, she'd count the nine children that she fostered as adopting a child. That would put her in front.

I think we should just concede that Karen has topped us all. After all, 12 kids and 9 foster kids should put her over the top (in more ways than one ;^)..)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's easy to see who has led a dull life!

Grandma Cebe said...

Linda - there's still time add some excitement in your dull life especially since you are fully retired and will be officially an empty nester in September.

Start making plans!

Grandmakaere said...

Wait, I remember being filmed for a documentary that was being submitted to the Sundance Film Festival. The subject was the redneck Demolition Serby event in Kamas. Don't know what happened to the documentary, much less my potential stardom. Make my count 60, tied with Al. And what about the nine kids I fostered, but didn't adopt. Oh, well, picky, picky.

Grandmakaere said...

You have got me going on this. Here are some other things I've done. How do you match up?

Had car break down on interstate.

Had a flooded basement.

Flown first class.

Visited all 50 states. (I am at 47 of the 50)

Driven coast to coast in one trip.

Corresponded regularly with a friend from foreign country.

Seen the leaf spectacular in New England in the Fall.

Hit a deer while driving.

Ridden in car with steering wheel on the right side.

Member of a lineage society.

Been on a ferry boat.

Since 1980, gone for a least a year without a TV or dishwasher.

Served as an election judge.

Grandma Cebe said...

First of all, Karen, I didn't know that you read my blog. Thanks for commenting.

Of your list, I've broken down on the interstate, had a flooded basement apartment,flown first class,ridden in a car with the steeering wheel on the right (in fact, I have driven one), and been in a ferry boat (several times - 4 times in Scotland alone).

I haven't been hit a deer while driving. But I was a passenger in a car that hit a cow. Does that count?

Just so everyone knows, this isn't my list. I lifted it from Kelly's blog.

Anonymous said...

Thankfully, I have not hit a deer! I have broken down on the interstate...just three weeks ago and 40 years ago. Been on a ferry, flown first class. Here are some "different" things I've done: attended a session at the U. N., spoken before a Congressional committee, received a Presidential commendation, been a university class officer, been to Disneyland and Disneyworld, had my car die in a flood, identify dead bodies for the police at an accident site, never had a speeding ticket (not that I haven't deserved one on many occasions since moving to Utah), lived in six different states, said the invocation in front of a congregation of more than 10,000 people,solved a $64,000 welfare fraud case, moved 21 times, seen the Rockettes perform in NYC, been in a 6.8 earthquake, ...hmm, somehow my life doesn't seem to have been all that dull. I think I'm ready for a little peace and quiet!

Anonymous said...

Also, held an 8' long boa constrictor, taught music to children in a homeless shelter all summer, and danced on t.v. (remember that teen dance show back in D.C.?). Yep, life can be very interesting at times.

Alan said...

Okay, okay:

Had car break down on interstate. Yes. More than once.

Had a flooded basement. Yes

Flown first class. Yes, three times. Once free because they were full in coach.

Visited all 50 states. Not yet. Five to go. But I've been to five Canadian provinces and seven Mexican states.

Driven coast to coast in one trip. Yes, Los Angeles to Maine and back -- then to North Carolina. Then North Carolina to Los Angeles and back.

Corresponded regularly with a friend from foreign country. No.

Seen the leaf spectacular in New England in the Fall. Yes.

Hit a deer while driving. No, thankfully.

Ridden in car with steering wheel on the right side. Yes, and driven one, too.

Member of a lineage society. No

Been on a ferry boat. Several times, including a car ferry.

Since 1980, gone for a least a year without a TV or dishwasher. TV, no. Dishwasher, yes.

Served as an election judge. No.

And, well, none of Linda's.