Thursday, July 23, 2009

What's so special about that?

A little brother/sister competition has developed from the "99" and "and the winner is" posts. Check out the comments from Karen and Linda. A couple of recent comments from Linda listed some of the more unusual things that she has done in her life. What she has discovered that perhaps her life hasn't been that boring after all.

In the same spirit, I'm supplying a list of some the unique and interesting things that I've done. So, here you go:

1. Celebrated the 4th of July at the American Embassy in Cairo, Egypt.
2. Floated on a barge down the Nile River.
3. Climbed to the top of Massada in Israel.
4. Learned to downhill ski at age 40
5. Piloted and docked a 18' x 75' houseboat
6. Checked Pat Boone and his family into a hotel where I was working..
7. Was a member of the first large chorus to sing in the BYU Jerusalem Center.
8. Trekked 26 1/2 miles in full pioneer garb.

I'm sure there's more. But that's all that comes to mind right now.

What about you? Do you think that your life has been a little dull? Come up with your own list and you might discover that your life hasn't been that dull after all.

No comments: