Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Getting territorial...

The husband has a way of taking over space with his stuff.  Before we even moved into this apartment, I had mentally staked my claim on a large hall closet.  I wanted to use it for pantry, craft and other storage items.  I had to compromise when he declared that's where he was hanging his suits and dress slacks. I only got half the closet. I then had my eye on the closet in the second bedroom.  But, oh, no, that was where he was going to put all his ski jackets, motorcycle jackets and related stuff.  It isn't enough that he has an entire bedroom as his man den.  He also uses the back of the car to store camping and ski stuff.  At least, for now, I have the walk in closet in the master bedroom as my own.

The computer desk and room were pretty much my territory until he quit going into his office on a regular basis over a year ago. Now he has more or less taken that space over as well. He camps out at the computer at about 10 AM and doesn't relinquish the space until 4:30 or 5 PM.

With the addition of the small desk that I bought  last week, I was under the impression that the space was mine without question. Today, he looked at the desk which happens to currently be clear of a painting project and decided that the desk is the perfect place for his laptop, even though he rarely uses it.  I protested, but he told me I could move it when I needed to use the desk.

Well, buddy, I'm going to put the laptop in it's case and get going on a painting project that will take me a LONG time to finish.  You are not going take over my desk.  Got it?  Either that, or I'm moving the desk into the walk in closet.

1 comment:

mom2nine said...

Maybe you should suggest he rent a second apartment like you used to do when you had kids at home, so he would have sufficient space for all his belongings. Stand you ground when it comes to claiming your territory.