Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm in love....

I have a new neighbor.  As I've gotten to know this neighbor since she moved to the neighborhood last week, I've decided that I definitely love her.  My new neighbor is Sunflower Market. She moved into the space where a former Big Lots store was.  What a difference!  The Big Lots store felt cavernous and cold.  Sunflower Market feels warm, cozy and friendly.

I love Sunflower's outstanding produce and meat.  There really is a difference from what I've bought at the local Smiths.  The sale prices are outstanding.  Today, I picked up broccoli crowns and asparagus a $.88 a pound.  Chicken breast were on sale for $1.69 a pound.  Since we eat a lot of chicken, I loaded up. Many of their regular prices are very competitive to Smiths.

Sunflower Market is a natural/organic place.  But it doesn't feel like the larger and somewhat "Gucci" (as my husband calls it) Whole Foods a couple of blocks away.  I rarely shopped at Whole Foods. I haven't even been in the brand new Whole Foods store that opened up two weeks ago.  But I'll be a regular customer at Sunflower Market. I've been there 4 times in the last week and already have a good supply of their reusable shopping bags.  I like the neighborhood store feel, the friendly, helpful staff and, of course, the produce and meat.

Thanks for moving into my neighborhood!

Note:  No, I was not paid to write this endorsement. 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Sunflower Market is awesome! Not only are there meats priced phenomenally, they're all-natural- I cringe to think how much those same meats cost elsewhere. I've also found their customer service to be unparalleled; once a cantaloupe I bought there went bad quickly, and when I took it back, they gave me two. Another time I asked the produce manager to show me how to pick a good eggplant, and when he showed me what it should look like on the inside, i remarked that I now knew that the last one I chose probably wasn't so good. He asked if I bought it there. I responded in the affirmative, and he gave me a free eggplant.

I was mightily disappointed that they don't have any stores here in San Antonio, but there are some in Texas, so I'm holding out hope that we'll get one someday. I'm always telling people how much I love that store. I"m glad that you're loving it now, too!