Thursday, March 3, 2011

Please, Mom!

When my husband and I were raising our kids, we resisted going out and buying them the first new electronic gadget as soon as they became available.  It didn't make any difference if ALL of their friends had one.  They were generally the last ones with a Walkman or a Nintendo and the like.  Whatever the latest and greatest new toy was, we didn't rush right out and get it for them for Christmas.  It was even possible that by the time they got their most coveted new electronic toy that the second or third version had been around for awhile.

I want an iPad...real bad.  The iPad2 comes out next week.  I want an iPad 2... really bad.  I have a trip to Denver at the end of April to help out my son and daughter-in-law with their children for a few days.  I want an iPad2 BEFORE I go to Denver....really bad.

So what am I suppose to do?  Beg, plead, cry? Wait until EVERYONE that I know has an iPad2? It just wouldn't be fair if I was the only person in the universe who didn't have an iPad2. That would be, like, FOREVER. 

Please, Mom?  Can I have an iPad2? Please??  PLU.....EEZE???!!!???  (You can beg all you want, but it won't do any good.)

Oh wait, I am the Mom.  I may just have to cave in.

4 comments:

mom2nine said...

You won't be the last one to not have one. I'm not likely to buy one anytime soon. I live in the dark ages with my desktop computer and land line phone, and a cell that I use once in a while. Also real books from the library instead of a Nook or Kindle. Works for me.

Grandma Cebe said...

Well, I don't want to be the next to the LAST one who has an iPad2. PLU-EEZE, Mom??

Travelin'Oma said...

I want an iPad, too. Or one. Or even an iPhone. Something so I don't have to take my scriptures to church.

Grandma Cebe said...

That's the main reason why I want an iPad. It would be so nice to not have to carry a Quad walking to church. Plus you could easily have your scriptures with you when traveling. I just wish they were available for a Nook - which I already have. Then there would be no need to buy an iPad.