Thursday, February 14, 2008

Craigslist, Schmaigslist!

I've had stuff posted on Craigslist off and on for the past few months. This is pretty decent stuff . But I've haven't even had a nibble. I guess my marketing skills are not on the same par as my brother, Al.

Anyone interested in -

Grace Company Hand Quilting Frame? I know this is rather bizarre looking. But if you're in to quilting you might like this adjustable frame. I'm throwing in an accessory cart too.


Or how about these?


Or these?


Or how about this warm, soft, cozy queen size comforter set? One of my daughters is using the queen size bed it was on and bought her own bedding.



And this picture frame alone is worth more than a few bucks.


Make me an offer. Let's talk. You know you really want this stuff.

Or Al, maybe you can help me with better copy and photography? After several months of posting and reposting on Craigslist, it's obvious I need some help.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should list the quilting frame as a dinosaur robot sculpture.

Grandma Cebe said...

Wouldn't that kind of be "bait and switch"?

Annie Jarman said...

Don't be too eager to get rid of that quilt frame. I do plan to learn how to quilt one of these days. Although it will probably be after all my kids have started school.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should contact the local quilters' guild, or see if you can posts an ad at the Salt Lake and Utah Valley stores that carry quilting supplies. That quilting frame is pretty sophisticated, and women who spend lots of time quilting probably don't spend much time looking at Craig's list. By the time Annie is ready to quilt, there will probably be some amazing digital frame with electronic adjustments! Maybe the other items could be wedding gifts for someone you don't know too well :-)

Grandma Cebe said...

Thanks for the tip on the quilt frame. I should have thought about that!

Wedding presents for people that I don't know well generally consist of a gift card from their registry. It gets sent directly to the bride/groom and we don't have to attend the reception if we don't want to. Being in a YSA Ward, this happens a lot.

Wendy said...

We sold some of stuff via the free classifieds on KSL.com when we lived up there. Maybe you should try that, too. If you can't sell those books, you might want to try bookmooch.com- you give away books and get credit towards books you want. Hope you find some takers!