I had a comment on my previous post about the possibility of flooding due to a rapid thaw in the spring.
I just thought of something else. With the ground so wet and saturated, if we have a wet and rainy spring, along with a quick melt, could it be possible that the Nimbys entire back yard, pool and all, might end up in my family room!?!?
5 comments:
Remember the floods of 83?
Maybe we'll have another river down state street.
Perhaps you should invest in some sandbags?
I remember the floods well. Unfortunately, I don't think sandbags will help much if my steep hillside gives way. Trees, pergolas, and a swimming pool could be coming my way.
If that happened, then their property would become yours and you could do what you wanted with it. ;^)
Al...Now that would be justification for the Nimbys behavior over the past year. My kids and grandkids have commented more than once that we needed a bigger back yard and a swimming pool would be nice.
Not a swimming pool, Mom, just a bigger backyard.
Post a Comment