I must be uninformed about what the word mediation means. I kind of thought that to mediate means to bring people together who have opposing points of views, discuss the issues and with the benefit of an unbiased 3rd party, try to find common ground and reach a resolution. Silly me, I also thought that when you mediate some thing that a little give and take is some how involved.
Well, all the components were there this morning including the unbiased 3rd party mediator. Except the Nimbys, who requested the mediation, didn't seem to understand that they might be expected to give and take a little. They were asking for plenty, but just couldn't seem to come up with any meager concession on their part. After six and half hours, the mediator decided that it was evident nothing would be resolved through mediation.
We are going to arbitration.
P.S. It wasn't all bad, we got a free lunch out of it courtesy of the Nimby's law firm.
5 comments:
I'm surprised you're surprised, Mom. Sorry it went that way, though.
Guess, its the Nimbys who need the dictionary.
I'm with Annie on this one. Did you think it would get resolved so "easily"?
Oh,I knew that yesterday would not be end. But you know, it would have been nice if it was.
How frustrating. I hope it gets resolved for you soon...
Post a Comment