Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Enough!

The office where I've been working for the past week is located just off the main lobby of the Church Office Building. During the Christmas season, local choirs and vocal groups perform in the lobby during the lunch hour.

I just listened to "O, Holy Night" for the third or fourth time this week. In general, I love Christmas music, but I would rather stick needles in my eyes than listen to various renditions of "O, Holy Night" every day. Once a season is enough for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's better than canned Christmas music. At one of my fast food jobs they had a tape with about 40 different renditions of ten songs. It got so we knew exactly which version of which song was coming up next.

That was the string instrumental of "O Little Town of Bethlehem" so next is the mariachi version of "Jingle Bells" followed by the female vocal solo of "Silent Night"... for the thousandth time.

Grandma Cebe said...

I guess you right. At least with the live stuff, there's an end in sight.

Anonymous said...

If they would wait until the week before Christmas, instead of the month before Christmas, we would all enjoy it more.