Monday, December 15, 2008

Miscellaneous thoughts

I was convinced that the charger to our digital camera had been lost in our recent move. Or that it was buried in the depths of our storage unit. After a trip to the storage unit Saturday and not finding any boxes that might contain the charger, I resigned myself that it was, indeed, gone and the camera was useless. I made one last search of likely and unlikely places in the apartment and I FOUND THE CHARGER! It was right under my nose - relatively speaking - the entire time. I swear that I had looked in that particular place before.

One purpose of the storage unit trip was to get a few Christmas decorations, and the ski equipment. I ended up only bringing a few Christmas items back because I didn't want to deal with searching through the plastic storage bins for more, or bring the bins back to the apartment and find a place to store them in the apartment for a few weeks.

On the other hand, the husband's den is starting to look like a sporting goods store. He brought back 3 pairs of downhills skis, boots and poles, 2 sets of cross country skis, boots and poles, 2 ski helmets, various ski jackets and clothing. This was all added to the sleeping bags and fishing equipment he already had stashed behind furniture and in the corners of the room. At least the two dutch ovens and his golf clubs that he had been storing in the back of the car went to the storage unit.

I'm still working a temp job in central HR at church headquarters. Monday is the day that the new hires come in for ID badges and orientation. Today, one of the new hires was a jolly old man in a red suit and white beard. He asked to have his ID picture taken, passed out candy canes and with a 'ho, ho, ho' was gone.

I realized last night that Christmas is a week from Thursday. I haven't even started on the little Christmas shopping that I have to do or getting something together to send to my son and his family in Denver. I read in the paper today that this is the busiest day of the season at the post office. I may be sending that package to Denver by FedEx. But I've got to get the shopping done first.

Winter finally made it's appearance on Saturday. We have several inches of snow with more expected during the coming week. Until this past weekend, the temperatures were in the upper 40s and even into the 50s. My walk to work this morning was absolutely frigid! And the husband got new tires on the car last week. It's a good thing or we'd would have been sliding all over the road on Saturday.

I'm going through reality TV withdrawal. I got hooked on "The Amazing Race" a couple of seasons ago. Last Sunday was the finale for this go round. The "Survivor Gabon" finale was last night. The winner was a 57 year old physics teacher from Maine. Yay, Bob!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a comment on a number of your entries. First, I have loved the sales I've been able to find here in GA. I got my kids some amazing things within a budget. The other, I understand the whole apartment and Christmas tree space thing. Last year, we had two 2' tall trees on our piano with white lights and a ribbon on them.
Last, I like your ramblings. Fun blog.

Anonymous said...

Usually the easiest way to find something that is lost is to replace it. The old one immediately appears! I'm glad you didn't have to go that route.
Your tree must be closely related to my tree...pygmy Christmas.

Grandma Cebe said...

The only problem in this case is that you can't purchase chargers separately from the camera. But I have used the purchase a new one and ye shall find theory before. Works every time!