Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Good News Minute

In my church's Sunday women's meeting, a minute is alloted to share good news. Since this is a group of young women between 18 and 30, the news usually is about going on a date, getting a new job, taking a trip somewhere, or a new niece or nephew being born.

Since my posting ideas are kind of stagnant right now, I'm borrowing the idea.

Some of my good news for the past month:

1. Unlike last winter when I had a back problem, fell on ice and got somewhat laid up for about a month, I've been accident free this winter...so far, anyway.

2. For the past 3 days, the temperatures been over 40 degrees and the sun's been out. Yay!

3. With only 3 people living in the house, the grocery bill has gone down.

4. I got a pedicure today. Love my red toenails!

5. A new season of "Survivor" has started.

6. My husband actually remembered that Valentine's Day is this week He seems to have some kind of plan that doesn't involve one of the kids running to the florist at the last minute because Valentine's Day wasn't on his radar. Kelly and Pat - I think you are off the hook this year!

7. Brother bought a new motorcycle helmet this week. I guess that means he's serious about coming west for a road trip this summer.

What's your good news?

5 comments:

Annie Jarman said...

Regarding #6: What?! Are you sure?!

And my good news minute is that I got Aidan bathed tonight. And I'm getting my hair cut in four days.

Grandma Cebe said...

I guess I should put a qualifier on #6. Valentine's Day came up in a conversation about something else. So technically, he remembered. The plans have been discussed by both of us...going to dinner or going out of town for the weekend. So he has plans, even if I helped him along.

Kelly said...

My good news is that I have my apartment to my self for 4 days while my roommate goes out of town for the weekend AND it's a 3 day weekend!

Anonymous said...

My good news is that it isn't snowing today, or tomorrow, and it is a three-day weekend. And I hope Al is really planning to come see us this summer!

Linda said...

I am a new rsp trying to find the original talk , was it Sis Pierce? , who encouraged the good news minute.

let me know if anyone knows. I can't find it!