Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Call a spade, a spade...

Yesterday we got a letter from our apartment complex management regarding the renewal of our lease. We currently have a six month lease that ends mid-December.

The letter addressed as us "one of our most valued residents". We were also told that "because we value your continued residency" they wanted to discuss a lease renewal with us in person. Further in the letter, we were offered a new lease rate if we signed up for six more months. The offered rate is $100 more a month than what we pay now. If we opted to go month to month, we would pay $130 more a month.

It's great to know that because we are valued, we only have to pay $100 more a month for the privilege of being valued. So,what rate is offered to residents who aren't numbered among the "most valued residents"? $150 more a month? $200 more a month? But, I think that the apartment management should have left out all the feel, good platitudes and just stated that our lease payment is being raised almost 10%.

A blog that I read on a regular basis made reference to the "Unclaimed Baggage Store". It seems to me that this store has the wrong name. Shouldn't it be called the "Hopelessly lost and mishandled baggage that has been rendered impossible for the rightful owner to claim store"? Really, are there people who decide that they don't want their clothing, electronics and other stuff and just leave their baggage on the luggage carousel? I don't think so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't an Unclaimed Baggage store sell the emotional problems we don't want to acknowledge?

Kristina P. said...

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! You are a valued reader. I will only charge you $20 a month to read and comment on my blog. You're welcome.

I will be back!