Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Conversation with a Three Year Old

I wish I had a tape recorder today when I was talking with my grandson. His little sister was taking a nap and he was playing with an assortment of cars at the kitchen table. I sat down with him and started asking him a few questions.

I found out that he liked playing at Bennett's (his friend) house, and that he liked nursery at Church. He doesn't like singing songs in nursery, however, because it makes him sad. That was a surprise to me because he has always liked music and has been singing almost before he could talk. On further questioning, he told me that the song "Itsy Bitsy Spider" makes him sad. Further questioning revealed that his singing voice was stuck in his tummy. But he had his talking voice.

With Christmas coming up, I asked him what Santa Claus was going to bring him for Christmas. A look of concern came over his face and he stated that there isn't a Santa Claus. I guess he hasn't been caught up in the Santa fever yet. Because when I asked him a little more about Santa Claus, he started to get upset. He then insisted that his Aunt Kelly will bring him presents at Christmas.

He liked seeing his cousin, Chas, by web cam on Sunday and stated that Chas was a big boy now.

He also told me that his best friends are Bennett and Maliya. He loves Kelly, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Neil, Lindsey, Patrick, Mommy, Daddy and Emily.

But one thing I should have asked him is how he knew about "Rock Abana". I'll save that for next time.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like Aunt Kelly needs to get shopping! What a cute kid. I love the Rock Abana. I may start referring to him by that name.

Annie Jarman said...

Ha ha! His singing voice is stuck in his tummy?! That's hilarious.

Guess we should start talking about Santa Claus around here.