Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ramblings

I don't really understand why we can't just stay on Daylight Savings Time. Since the clock turn was changed to the end of March and the beginning of November, does four months or so of Standard Time make any sense? Seems like Daylight Savings has become the standard.

There's been a change in the weather. Rats! We got really spoiled here in my home state with unusually warm temperatures clear through October. But today, it's cold and rainy. I guess we are going to have some kind of winter after all.

I stumbled across a website recently while surfing the net. On the site, you can put in an address and aerial pictures of the address will come up. (This is not Google Maps. The pictures are much clearer.) Anyway, I put in the address of the home where I grew up. I was really surprised when the picture of the home at the address was a big two-story house. Not the house I remember! I guess my childhood home was sold to someone who bought it for the lot and then built their dream home. I really can't go home again. :(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 29th street house? Aw, man.

Grandma Cebe said...

Yes. It's kind of like my childhood days had been destroyed.

Anonymous said...

When I visited in February 2001 it was still there. Are you sure you have the right address? 6801 N. 29th? That neighborhood looked pretty much the same when I was there, except some of the trees were either much taller or gone. And our front door was painted dark red.

slcmomof5 said...

You are right. Daylight Savings has become the norm. I vote we keep the time at Daylight Savings time all year. Or could we meet half way by changing our clocks one time by only half of an hour and leaving it there for the rest of our lives. Then I wouldn't have to reset all the clocks in my house and cars every Spring and Fall, and we'd get a little more light in the morning and a little more light in the evening. Do you think we could convince the rest of the world? Probably not.